Social Media Coordinator
Primary Ministry Team
Required Skills, Gifts, and Knowledge
- Desire and passion to serve Christ in the local church
- Excellent communication skills – verbal, visual, written, and relational
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism, Communications, or related field—or comparable professional experience
- Enthusiast of social media applications and technologies
- Demonstrated familiarity with all popular social media channels with a strong understanding of different types of messaging
- Highly organized and communicative
- Solid knowledge of social media industry trends and analytic tools
- Very creative with an eye for creativity
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong problem-solving and organizational skills
- Flexibility to plan and work on multiple projects simultaneously; effectively manage time and prioritize workload
- Ability to turn around projects on short timelines
- Be a great team player who thrives on providing timely, high–quality support for the various departments and ministries within LifeMission
- Manage all Facebook accounts & groups connected to LifeMission Church.
- Monitor and interpret social analytics.
- Contribute to a team by defining and implementing measurable strategies and processes to meet our digital presence objectives with the potential to lead other social media team members.
- Drive the social media marketing, including developing campaigns for the target audience.
- Study and follow Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter trends and features to stay current.
- Curate and manage published content (images, video and written) for email marketing, social posts, and websites.
- Utilize research tools (Google Analytics, marketing analytics software) to produce trend reports and understand the digital consumer.
- Use timelines and scheduled content to create a consistent stream of new content for audience interaction while analyzing, managing and updating schedules where necessary to optimize visits.
- Monitor & develop the online worship experience, ensuring our online guests are cared for (managing prayer requests and conversations).